Friday, June 1, 2007

Writing 2nd term II: Formal letter.

This is the formal letter I wrote in the second term. I'm writing in reaply to a letter which I saw in a magazine.
12 B Requesens Street
Empuriabrava
Girona
17487

7th December 2006
The Editor
Style today Magazine
33 Stepney Street
London E16 1XP

Dear Sir or Madame,

I read your magazine last month and I am writing in reply to Brendan Clark's letter about school uniforms. It was an interesting subject, but I disagree with some of his opinions.
On the one hand, I agree that most of uniforms are not stylish and that they are also quite practical, but on the other hand I do not think that it is a good idea if everyone wears the same thing at school. It is true that it would be easier to choose your clothes every morning and that people would not waste so much money on them; but I believe that uniforms belong to the past. From my point of view, everyone is free to wear those clothes he likes the most or which he considers more practical and stylish.
What's more, whatever you wear reflects a little your personality and if all students wore uniforms they would look very similar to each other.
In my experience, not many people would like to wear the same thing at school. It would be a disaster if it became an obligation in every highschool.
I would be interested to read about other readers opinions.

Yours faithfully,

Jennifer Olbrich

No comments: